Saturday, February 9, 2013

Base Camp

We had the fabulous opportunity to go to the Base Camp at Fort Snelling! We got to rock climb, practice archery and did cooperative learning activities! The 7th and 8th graders had a blast, we were broke into 5 different groups and learned problem solving strategies and were fully engaged in learning the whole day! Here is the link to the Base Camp website http://www.explorebasecamp.org/.

                                     Here are some pictures of the activities we participated in!
Rock climbing (with the girls!)

Problem Solving (you had to figure out the path kind of like mine sweep)

Instructional Learning Climbing Vocab!

That's me in the middle (first time ever rock climbing
 I had the best cheering section)

Archery (I wasn't so great at this
 but my students were awesome!)

Problem Solving (the ship is sinking how to we get
everyone on an ever shrinking platform?)

"This is harder than it looks"
 (I heard my students say this a lot that day)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment